Deforestation reasons results and proposed solutions to the problem

An animal consumes 90 percent of its chemical energy in its lifetime through processes such as digestion and reproduction, leaving only 10 percent of its energy to be passed along to the next tier in the food chain. It requires an ongoing process and should not be viewed as a onetime thing. This success has been achieved despite high beef and soy prices, which in previous years had pushed deforestation upward, and during a time that Brazil had rapid economic growth and made important progress in reducing poverty, hunger, and inequality.

Deforestation in simple term means the felling and clearing of forest cover or tree plantations in order to accommodate agricultural, industrial or urban use. Some of the fantastic solutions to deforestation include: Another example would be forest blazes; Hundreds of trees are lost each year due to forest fires in various portions of the world.

Biodiversity can be conserved only through changed values which result in principles of conservation being part and parcel of the production process. With the clearance of tree cover, the soil is directly exposed to the sun, making it dry.

This haphazard clearance of forests have forced several of these animals to shift from their native environment. Inthe Colombian Government gave back half of its Amazonian territory to its rightful indigenous owners, acknowledging that they were the best guardians of the forest.

In such cases, control over land use is taken from the people who live on the land in question and given to centralised governments and multinationals. As the World Rainforest Movement points out, the issue of rainforest destruction is "now recognised as one of the greatest environmental threats -- and tragedies -- of all time" World Rainforest Movement Under the Biodiversity Program, monocultures would be encouraged.

With constant deforestation the ratio of green house gases in the atmosphere has increased, adding to our global warming woes.

Category: Modern medicine is better than traditional medicine essay

We are losing not only our primeval forests, which regulate our climate and water resources, but also the amazing range of species that call them home. Deforestation was recast as the wasteful exploitation of resources that rightfully belonged to all Brazilians—particularly to forest peoples such as indigenous groups and the rubber tappers —by powerful forces such as expanding soybean farmers and cattle ranchers.

It demands justice for indigenous peoples, peasants and local communities, asserting that the survival of the forests is dependent on their survival. Governments should implement mandatory recycling programs with the goal of percent recycling. But a glance at Figure 2 shows that despite these reversals, the overall trend is clearly downward since the mids.

Also, the creation of reserves can be used as an excuse for exploiting unprotected areas. According to Michael Daley, an associate professor of environmental science at Lasell College in Newton, Massachusetts, the No.

1 problem caused by deforestation is the impact on the global carbon cycle. Solutions to the Problem of Deforestation Personal: Problems Associated with Drought in Africa, and Proposed Solutions Essay Many observers believe that the successive African crises are because of some reasons such as violence in most African countries, corruption that is rooted in the majority of African governments and stagflation.

A presentation about the state of the world's forests, the main causes behind deforestation, and what we can do about it. Slideshare uses cookies to improve functionality and performance, and to provide you. SOLUTIONS TO THE PROBLEM OF RAINFOREST DESTRUCTION A number of measures aimed at solving the problem of tropical deforestation have been introduced by governments and international development and aid organisations.

Often, they are based on the assumption that poverty is a basic cause of deforestation. Because they see development as the. May 29,  · The realistic solutions to deforestation includes: timber labeling, addressing the problems of landlessness, recognizing the rights of indigenous people, and inequality and debt.

Although these may be the most realistic ways to halt deforestation acts. Deforestation in the current scenario may have reduced however it would be too early to assume.

8 Fantastic Solutions to Deforestation

The money-churner that forest resources can be, is tempting enough for deforestation to continue. 2. Clear cutting of forests must be banned.

This will curb total depletion of the forest cover.

The Solutions Journal

It is a practical solution and is very feasible. 3.

Deforestation reasons results and proposed solutions to the problem
Rated 3/5 based on 16 review
Different Types of Solutions to Deforestation | deforestationnews